Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Today something unusual happened.
With the CNY Class decorations competition around the corner, today the whole class committee stayed back to spruce up the classroom in preparation for the competition.
Although technically I have 'retired' from the class committee, I still wanted to help out. Therefore, all of us busied ourselves in making paper lanterns, hanging up all sorts of decorations, hoping that we will win the Chinese New Year class decoration competition.
What was most difficult was trying to make lanterns out of ‘angbaos’. We didn’t even have an idea on how to do it! Thankfully, after some experimentation, we successfully created our own unique line of angbao lanterns!

At the end of it all, I remember feeling a sense of achievement and satisfaction because the classroom looked much better than it was previously. I guess that is because we put our heart into our work, and gave our best in what we did.
Our decorations may not be as good as some of the more artistically-talented, 'arty farty' classes, but I feel that it is the process and not the end result, which is most important. Nil Sine Labore! ;p
8:43 PM