Welcome to Renjie's blog! He has created this blog because of some english assignment... 50% of CA1 IS alot! =D
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Every Saturday, school transforms into a "haven" for CCAs. CCAs like The Boys Brigade, Scouts, Wushu and Concert Band have their activities on school on Saturday. Technically, a long time ago it was announced by the Ministry of Education that CCAs will not be held on Saturdays, but who cares?
As I am in Scouts, I have to go back to school every Saturday for our weekly meetings. I find that Scout activities are quite fun and enjoyable, and in recent weeks a new batch of secondary 1s, who are interested in scouts but have not decided to make it their CCA, has joined us. In a bid to make them few more ‘at home’ with scouting, we have made activities more fun and exciting than usual, so that hopefully, more of them will choose to join scouts!
In fact, just recently we had a waterbomb fight during one of our meetings. It actually started with a game of wacko in the parade square. While we were playing, the sec 4s ran around, throwing waterbombs at random people. After that game of wacko (which was VERY boring), we had a fully fledged waterbomb fight!
I remember running around the parade square, trying to avoid getting hit, but still getting hit nevertheless, and trying to hit as many people with my waterbombs of course. I remember that some of my seniors went upstairs to the sky bridge, and would evilly throw down buckets of water, or waterbombs at anyone who happened to be under them. Like any other waterbomb fight, that fight was fun!
At the end of that scout meeting, I realised that not only do CCAs allow you to "minus 2 points" from your O level results; they spice up your life in school. They allow you to break free from the boring, dull life of listening to teachers blaring on and on and counting down to the end of a normal school day. CCAs are definitely more than just a "minus 2 points"! Enjoy your CCA! =D
9:01 AM
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Every Saturday, school transforms into a "haven" for CCAs. CCAs like The Boys Brigade, Scouts, Wushu and Concert Band have their activities on school on Saturday. Technically, a long time ago it was announced by the Ministry of Education that CCAs will not be held on Saturdays, but who cares?
As I am in Scouts, I have to go back to school every Saturday for our weekly meetings. I find that Scout activities are quite fun and enjoyable, and in recent weeks a new batch of secondary 1s, who are interested in scouts but have not decided to make it their CCA, has joined us. In a bid to make them few more ‘at home’ with scouting, we have made activities more fun and exciting than usual, so that hopefully, more of them will choose to join scouts!
In fact, just recently we had a waterbomb fight during one of our meetings. It actually started with a game of wacko in the parade square. While we were playing, the sec 4s ran around, throwing waterbombs at random people. After that game of wacko (which was VERY boring), we had a fully fledged waterbomb fight!
I remember running around the parade square, trying to avoid getting hit, but still getting hit nevertheless, and trying to hit as many people with my waterbombs of course. I remember that some of my seniors went upstairs to the sky bridge, and would evilly throw down buckets of water, or waterbombs at anyone who happened to be under them. Like any other waterbomb fight, that fight was fun!
At the end of that scout meeting, I realised that not only do CCAs allow you to "minus 2 points" from your O level results; they spice up your life in school. They allow you to break free from the boring, dull life of listening to teachers blaring on and on and counting down to the end of a normal school day. CCAs are definitely more than just a "minus 2 points"! Enjoy your CCA! =D