Wednesday, January 28, 2009

As you probably know, we have a full day off from school today due to our wonderful O level results. Since I was bored of 'camping' in front of the computer, I decided to go back to my primary school with all my primary 6 classmates to visit our teachers.
As some of you already know, I'm from this neighbourhood school in Tampines called Gongshang Primary School. As compared to those 'famous' schools like Tao Nan School, Ai Tong School, Gongshang does not have much of a reputation to boast of. Nevertheless, I spent 6 years of my life in that school, and it's really meaningful to go back and walk down memory lane... again.
Since Gongshang was having her Chinese New Year celebrations today, we thought that there would be no harm going back. They will definitely let a bunch of cute, innnocent alumni in for a couple of hours, we reasoned.
However, we were wrong. VERY wrong.
I remember standing around at the main gate of the school, trying to sneak into the school, because the security guard did not allow us in. I remember calling every teacher I knew on my handphone, hoping that one of them will come out and allow us into the school. And I remember getting 'roasted' under the hot sun for 30 minutes. All this happened because the 'higher-up's of the school did not allow alumni into the school today.

A picture of the locked main gate.
Fortunately, we were saved from getting fully roasted by a teacher, who managed to get us into the school. When we finally got in, we felt really bored and pissed at how inefficient and stupid our school was.
In the end, we had a brief chat with some of our teachers, and all of us went home after that. It took us 30 minutes just to get in and we probably spent about 15 minutes in the school. It was really horrible and time-wasting; I may not want to go back to my primary school in the future...
2:47 PM